Friday, September 14, 2012

Where did the Last Ten Days Go???

Holy cow - no idea of how that happened and how I went so long without a single post.  I guess part of it has to do with the fact that the primary reason for this blog was for food/cooking, and believe it or not, our fridge is STILL not working.  Our original service call was on August 6th - so that is almost a month and a half of dealing with all of our food CRAMMED into the garage fridge, using the inside fridge for waters and such.  I finally got to the point where I simply said I am not going to cook until it is fixed.  I don't even know what is IN the garage fridge - and it will probably be scary to find out when the time finally comes to move it all back into the kitchen fridge.

In the meantime, I have been excited to find "Hungry Girl" - her recipes focus on lower calorie solutions but with flavor.  The healthy "Fettucine Alfredo" I made was one of her recipes - absolutely delicious but so low in calories and carbs!  So I have been scouring her site and can't WAIT until the fridge is in working order and can put together a grocery list for a week's worth of dinners!

I have continued to enjoy walking, outside with my husband when possible, which is an amazing workout with our hilly neighborhood!  On the days when he works, I walk on the treadmill, usually for 45 minutes or an hour with an incline, and we have gotten into a good routine of a 90 minute walk on his days off.  Methinks the running may not be in the cards.  Shin splints and an aching knee made me realize that you need to do whatever exercise works for you.  So I will keep it to walking and tennis for now and who knows what the future might hold.

So life is good, I'm staying busy and can't WAIT to come back and share some successful recipes! 

1 comment:

  1. Mari, so happy to see you posting again, you were missed! I have been a HG follower since the very beginning; as a rule I enjoy her recipes but she can rely a bit too much on the processed fake stuff, IMHO. Her newer recipes/cookbooks are leaning more toward whole, real food and I appreciate the shift. :)

    Can't wait to see what you cook up next!

    ReplyDelete