Sunday, September 30, 2012

Triple Threat Stir Fry - YUM!!!

So...this will be an interesting kind of post.  I did take "inspiration" from a Hungry Girl recipe, but really didn't follow it to a tee - as a matter of fact, I made more changes than kept the same.  But still, her simple yet flavorful looking recipe led me to make something I have made in the past, so I will still give her credit, where credit is due. 

Her recipe is called the Tempting Teriyaki Trifecta - but because my spin on it is VERY different, I will post my recipe, and also call to your attention what her original directions were.  It is on page 330 of the "300 Under 300" cookbook...and definitely gave us an asian fix without the calories or carbs.

Ingredients:

6 oz lean fillet, sliced (we used actual filet mignon)
8 oz raw boneless skinless, lean chicken, sliced (hers called for less but we wanted more protein)
6 ounces raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails remained.
Hers called for a frozen vegetable medley - decided to use the real thing!:
Chopped broccoli florets
Sliced Onions
Matchstick Carrots
Sliced Celery
Chopped Green Onions
Sliced Water Chestnuts
Sliced Mushrooms
Teriyaki Sauce/Marinade
Wok Oil
Chow Mein Noodles


Start by getting the wok hot and using some wok oil in there.  Begin with the chicken as it will take the longest to cook.  Then the broccoli florets.  In order from there, sliced onions, filet, carrots, celery, green onions, shrimp and then water chestnuts.  Also toss in a bit of the teriyaki sauce and the low fat sesame/ginger dressing.  I know you see mushrooms, but bear with me as I have a non-mushroom loving family!

After a good 6-8 minutes, all of the vegetables were cooked with a nice crisp, and the proteins were cooked through without being tough or raw.  So I pulled that out of the wok and put it into a serving dish and into the oven to warm.

I had already started the water for the jasmine rice, so that was ready to roll.  Two more things that needed woking - first put the bean sprouts in with a dash of wok oil and once they were warmed through I gave them their own container to continue warming in the oven.  Last item - MUSHROOMS.  My favorite but my family does not like that.  Wok'ed them a bit and put them in a small container in the oven.

So by that time, the rice was done and all containers in the oven were warm and tasty looking.  I set my items on the counter and took some pics - rice, stir fry, bean sprouts, mushrooms, and chow mein noodles for a topping.





So here is the delicious plate I put together - lots of protein and low in carb and fats. 

 Delicious, tasty and filling!  Low in calories, fat and carbs.  Stay tuned tomorrow night for my version on her fantastic shrimp scampi with shiratuki noodles from Saturday night!

Thanks for the 1000+ views!  I feel like a million bucks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment