Thursday, July 26, 2012

First Post!!!

So...I ran into a friend at the nail salon the other day who told me that she could never let her husband friend me on Facebook because I am always posting pictures of the meals I make and she does not love to cook.  Part of me felt kind of bad and part of me also thought - who really DOES care about what I make?  Once I even did a post something to the effect of gauging who enjoys my pics, and I did get some kind comments...but I decided that instead of posting the evening meals to my Facebook, I would create a blog instead.  It would be fun to make some "virtual" friends who also like to play around with food. 

I have a personal blog as well, but keep that one private because I am not one to air my stuff to the world.  As a matter of fact, when I first created it thinking I was only speaking to myself, I had 45 page views in about two hours.  And I was FREAKED OUT because I thought it was private.  In this one I can feel "free to be me!"  No worries about privacy settings and always open to feedback and comments.  If anyone will even care :)

Tonight will be a fun one!  I am having two of my best girlfriends over for dinner, and in my opinion, it is ALWAYS more fun to cook for others.  My husband is such a sport and enjoys what I make, but when you have company, it is fun to make things that are more exciting and unique.  He will be here to enjoy as well, and I will be missing my 15 year old daughter who is visiting her Granny B and her dad in Florida.

My appetizers tonight will be:  Roasted Figs Stuffed with Mango Goat Cheese; Mushrooms Stuffed with Hummus, Diced Peppers and Basil and Topped with Bread Crumbs and Parmesan Cheese as well as Sliced Tomatoes with Mozzarella and Basil.

Then I will be grilling some chicken in a mango marinade, making herbed quinoa, parmesan zucchini and a tasty salad.  Dessert will be grilled peaches on pound cake with whipped topping. 

Wish me luck as dinner is about an hour away so though most of it is prepped, I will start the real work now.  This will ALSO help me to make a habit of writing down ingredients in case anyone is interested in recipes.  Case in point - the mango marinade - I couldn't tell you what was in it even if you were hanging me by my toenails and threatening to kill me.  I found a recipe to follow and of course had to make it mine! 

So...as I plow through my prep stuff, I will take some pics and hopefully figure out how to upload them.  In the meantime, welcome to my kitchen and hope you enjoy!  Taking a deep breath and hitting the publish button :)

Mari

3 comments:

  1. Mari! I am so proud of you! You are such an inspiration! Don't forget to post some recipes!I think we should start a little "supper club"! xox
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! My first comment. How exciting :) This should be fun!!! Hopefully this will help me start to write things down so I actually do have recipes to share!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! And now I'm hungry! :-) I'm looking forward to "following" your blog!

    ReplyDelete