Monday, October 15, 2012

Tilapia in a Mustard Sauce with Roasted Broccoli - from Ina Garten!!!

Thanks to a great friend of mine Sharon, I now know a little about the "Barefoot Contessa", otherwise known as Ina Garten.  On a walk one day in the neighborhood during the visit with my family who lives in Florida, my sister, niece and I stopped by her house to visit, and a cookbook caught my eye.  I didn't know much about Ina, and Sharon was sweet enough to let me borrow it.  Finally 2 months later, I tried two of the recipes in there and both were quite tasty!

Mustard-Roasted Fish

Believe it or not, I followed the recipe exactly, so you can just go to the link to get all the information.  The only difference was that I *thought* I bought whole grain mustard, but it was actually whole grain garlic mustard.  But I love garlic, and it actually added a tasty flavor to the overall dish.  It was totally fine in an ovenproof baking dish (that I did coat with cooking spray) and I used tilapia which is such a light, easy to work with fish.  It picks up whatever flavors you give it and my family and I thought it was a huge success.



Parmesan-Roasted Broccoli

I followed this one to a tee as well - it was a recipe to make 6 servings, so I did cut it back quite a bit to serve our family of 3.  Her tip to toast the pine nuts is to sautee them in a dry sautee pan on low heat, and it worked.  You definitely want to serve it while it's piping hot and soaks in all the flavors from the other ingredients!  Another tasty, interesting dish!


Since I was making two dishes basically from scratch, I made the other side dishes a little easier on myself.  I used organic rotini and after it was cooked and drained, I simply mixed it with pesto sauce and topped with parmesan cheese.  And my faves...those No Sugar Ruby Red Grapefruit slices.  They are a bit pricey, but they ensure that I'm getting my Vitamin C without a lot of added stuff.











And here's my plated meal that was delicious and nutritious!  Topping a small amount of pasta with the broccoli made for a veggie heavy meal!


It's always fun to find new chefs and recipes, so if you have any favorites, let me know!  I still owe a post from a Chicken Chili that I made Saturday night from the Hungry Girl Cookbook.  But no one is going to know what to do with the TWO posts I put up tonight!!!  Things have just been kind of crazy, and sometimes I'm playing Pandora on my phone and forget to take pictures - and can't imagine a food blog without pics.  So...tomorrow night is a Roasted Shrimp Cocktail from Ina's cookbook that looks quite tasty!  See you soon :)

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...that broccoli sounds really tasty! I bet I could use vegan Parmesan with similar results. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete