Monday, October 15, 2012

Bacon-Wrapped BBQ Chicken (Another Hungry Girl Hit!)

I promise you - Lisa Lillien, aka Hungry Girl, does NOT pay me to advertise her recipes.  She might not even like me since I sometimes post things that can't be found online - BUT - hopefully you will be looking further for her delicious recipes and buying a cookbook or two yourself.  She was even on Good Morning America today featuring her breakfast options which are amazing!

Now here is an EASY and DELICIOUS filling recipe that your family will love!  You'd think bacon would be off the table - and turkey bacon can be used - but the center cut bacon is a lot less in fat as well and makes you feel like you're not giving anything up b/c it is truly bacon, just a lot leaner and crispy.


Nutritional Information

This is per serving for (1) 5 oz Chicken Breast Serving (I made 4 since I have a family of 3, and just adapted the ingredients accordingly)

One 5-ounce raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast cutlet
2 tbsp BBQ sauce with appx 45 calories per 2 tablespoon serving
2 slices center cut bacon or turkey bacon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray.  Season chicken with a dash each of salt and pepper and coat with bbq sauce.  Wrap bacon around chicken and place in the pan.  **For this part, I was a little confused as to how to roll it - but I just played around with it and figured it out.  Then realized there was a picture on another web page!  Ooops**  You can see Lisa's picture here.

Bake in the oven until chicken is fully cooked, about 20 minutes.  Set oven to broil and broil chicken until bacon is crispy, about 4 minutes.

Serve and ENJOY!!!

I served it up with a risotto, but didn't really do a step by step on how I made that.  Basic steps are to sautee some chopped peppers, onions and celery in olive oil.  Once soft, add in 1 cup of arborio rice and sautee for a few minutes, then gradually add in chicken stock.  Along the way, continue to add stock to keep the risotto from drying out.  Also add in a touch of parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and a smidgen of half and half.  It's one of my husband's favorites, so although I know it's not "Hungry Girl" worthy, I will continue to indulge him and simply practice portion control for myself.













Simple side dishes - sauteed spinach with some garlic and mixed with parmesan cheese...and some No Sugar Added ruby red grapefruit - love that stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment